When you get home from a long day at work, what sounds better than spending some time with your family in you luxurious backyard with some burgers on the grill and a cold drink in your hand? That sounds a lot better than getting home from a long day and spending hours working in your backyard to get it in the shape that you can one day enjoy with your friends and family. Why not skip straight to enjoying it without having to put in the hard work yourself? You’ll have more time to focus on what means the most to you.
This can all become a reality for you by hiring a landscape professional to design, install or maintain your yard for you.
Why hire a pro?
Spending the money to bring a professional in to design or install your yard can be a big decision for many families. In addition, hiring someone to maintain the space can also take some time to decide to do in the first place and then to find the right fit for your needs. But hiring a pro has many benefits:
- They have experience and often education specific to your region’s landscape needs
- They understand the products, like fertilizer or herbicide, and how to apply them safely and effectively
- They can help you pick plants that will do well with the soil type you have and the amount of shade or sun your yard may provide
- They have an eye for landscape design: what colors, plants and other elements (like hardscape or water features) will look good together
What to consider when looking for the right pro
After you’ve decided hiring a pro is right for you, you need to take a few things into consideration in your search for the right company.
First, think about the type of work you want done. If you want regular maintenance, seek out a landscape company that specializes in that. If you want to convert your yard to a hardscape paradise, find someone who is experienced in that. If you want your garden renovated, search for a company that prides themselves on healthy, thriving gardens.
Do your research. Many companies have websites you can view all their services and read client testimonials or see photos of the work they’ve done. You can get a pretty good idea of what they offer before you even make any phone calls.
Once you have an idea of what you want to do with your outdoor space and know of a few landscape companies in the area, you’re ready to call. You might want to ask some questions to get a better idea of their business, if you couldn’t find this information online:
- Are they a licensed and insured business?
- Do they have credentials or professional association affiliations?
- Explain the work you want done. Ask if they have experience in this type of work and if they can show you a portfolio of examples similar to it.
- Ask for an estimate so you can get an idea of how much this may cost compared to your budget for the project.
Once you’ve made the decision to hire a pro and have a list of what you’re hoping to accomplish, give Hart and Sons Landscape a call at 425-486-5328 for a free estimate and to discuss any questions you have regarding our lawn care, landscape management, pruning, renovations and gardening services.